“If you're not making someone else's life better, then you're wasting your time.
Your life will become better by making other lives better.”
― Will Smith
Corporate Social Responsibility Statement
Corporate social responsibility is vitally important to who we are as a company. Our policies ensure that we are committed to making a difference in the community, both locally and globally, through multiple avenues including supporting small businesses that also give back, volunteering our time in the non-profit community and making financial donations.
Who we are and What we do
The Monitor Group, LLC is an independent financial services and wealth management firm serving families and business owners seeking financial confidence. Our mission is to know and understand our clients and employees’ needs, wants, and long-term goals. We want to help develop, implement and monitor strategies that are designed to each individual.
Looking after Employees
We value our employees and the office culture. To that end, we provide multiple opportunities for personal growth, business development and camaraderie. On a regular basis, our firm will provide the employees with:
- Industry education
- Technical skills and classes
- Industry conferences
- CPR/AED Certification
- In-house workshops and team-building activities
- Healthcare, dental & vision
- Weekly happy hours and daily office snacks/coffee
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Holiday events
Protecting the Environment
The Monitor Group, LLC is committed to reducing our carbon footprint and environmental impact. Here are a few of the ways we do this every day:
- Paperless filing
- Bottleless water systems for filtered water
- Recycle all paper products
- Kitchen stocked with dishes and flatware instead of plasticware and paper goods
- Office catering with restaurants that use biodegradable packaging and utensils
- Recycle all electronics, batteries, toner cartridges
We love our community. Our employees live and work here. We are committed to helping everybody support the local non-profits they are passionate about. These are a few ways we participate:
- Monetary donations to support local non-profit events
- Purchases from small women and minority owned businesses
- Employ local people
- Donate time with staff participation to events throughout the year
- Donations impact homelessness, hunger, children, housing, seniors, arts & culture
Each year, we will measure our impact by assessing the total number of volunteer hours served, money donated, and number of non-profits and individuals reached. We will evaluate if we continue serving the same non-profits or diversify each year. We hope to be able to increase all the levels of impact by 5-10% each year.